Friday, December 9, 2011

How do you know if you are traumatised?

I'm still constantly thinking and dreaming of my experiences of being section 136'd (happened 5 weeks ago) by the Police. I get an eerie sensation when I see a police van or police officers. I also get an eerie sensation when I pass a certain multi-storey car park. I had to walk past there Friday and I got so paranoid that they would call the police on me again, and I assumed when I saw a policewoman crossing the road nearby she was there to get me, so I scurried on past.|||Being sectioned is a traumatic experience, and I think the feelings that you describe are common to everyone who's been through it, myself included. It should become easier to cope with as time goes by, but if it doesn't, it might be an idea to consult a doctor. Which probably sounds like the last thing you want to hear right now =/





Just remember, this will become easier to deal with. The brain has a funny way of fuzzing details as time goes by.|||It is possible. After 5 or 6 weeks the feelings could still be acute %26amp; it could take some further time for them to subside. Just take a note of how you feel now %26amp; then give it another month %26amp; think again about whether the feelings are as strong then as they are now. The chances are they should have started to subside by then. If they haven't, or if they feel worse you should visit your doctor.


In the meantime, carry a bar of dark chocolate with you %26amp; use it like a beta-blocker. If you start feeling anxious, just eat a bit of chocolate. It should work.|||you still on the happy pills ?? time is the biggest healer welcome to the system|||google|||yep i no the feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment