Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Did policewomen have Dads who really wanted a son?

I work in a large urban department and some of these women we get are real wimps and you find that dear old Dad really wanted a son. What are your thoughts on this?|||A LOT of women are drawn to law enforcement because they have a desire to help people. It's always why women dominate the social work industry as well. So, no, most policewomen are there because it's what they are passionate about. It has nothing to do with who or what their dad wanted.





Peace,


Jenn|||It's definitely possible that the disappointment these women feel from their fathers made them want to do a "manly" job, but it's quite a stretch to extend that to all female police officers!


I know for a fact that my dad is happy I'm here and his daughter, and I've always thought being a police officer would be a great job, and that I could help and protect people. I chose to be a stay at home mother to my child, though, so maybe that will never happen! And that's fine.


Plenty of strong, non-wimpy women officers are out there, and there are also quite a few balding, out of shape, sad sack male officers...


Let's just leave the generalizations out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment