Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do you thank every policeman/policewoman you don't know personally for their service to their community?

I do and I offer to shake their hand when I see them in public. They never failed to shake my hand and haven't failed to say thanks in return. I did this in Illinois during a Tea Party protest and only was looked at as queer.|||Well I appreciated your feelings but to be totally truthful I find that type of action uncomfortable.


Sure I smile and say thanks, usually.


There have been times, like when I got stuck keeping protesters away from a bunch of neo nazis, were I was being thanked by those a**holes.


Even when there was a huge outpouring of thanks and appreciation after 9/11 I, and most working cops I know, did not like the attention.


We knew that if we had to arrest the child of that lady bringing cookies we would then turn into bad guys.


I also felt uncomfortable being thanked for doing my job, a job I chose.





Do you thank the IRS revenue officer who gets a load of c*ap from everyone for collecting money really owed to the government so the government can pay for GIs to protect us, no.





To sum it up I found people stopping me on the street to shake my hand and thank me disingenuous.|||I have done so, because it has been my fortune to have come across some very fine people within the Authorities.


I never deny anyone, that which he or she may deserve. I make no generalizations.


That would deem me a very closed-minded person.


And those who would be overlooked by me, would suffer the injustice of not being acknowledged - when they Fully Deserved to be!|||around here we just pay them a good salary and benefits. the cash seems to work better for them at the grocery store. and personally, i'm not a glad-hander, it's seldom seen as sincere by intelligent folks. i've been assaulted by these morons when they hear i'm a vet.|||Some of us carry our own mud in this world and have no need of cops.


Why would i thank them for doing a job they picked one that most of the time they screw up.


Remember when seconds matter the cops are only minutes away.|||Yeah, every-time they cash their paycheck|||Oh yeah, you betcha.





You are queer.|||No, I don't know them. Maybe they're corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment